CONNECT TalentMatch assists member companies in finding niche talent through our rich network of professionals. Check out our listings to see if there's a match for you or a friend!
Vice President, Product Development
Position Code 17-03
- Coach and mentor Software, Hardware, Physics, and Test Engineering managers and their teams.
- Provide guidance and oversight regarding design and implementation.
- Assist engineering managers to achieve higher levels of discipline, quality, and software engineering maturity.
- Collaborate with other senior technical leaders to establish, enforce, and evolve software and quality assurance engineering practices and patterns.
- Plan, track, and provide oversight for projects
- Plan, track, and oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure proper execution of cross-functional project plans, including personnel and hardware resources.
- Review project status with cross-functional team, identify deviations to project plans, and take corrective actions, as needed. Alert management to changes to commitments.
- Coach, mentor, grow, and retain software and quality assurance engineers
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews
- Manage the development process: Participate in the development and improvement of product development and quality processes.
- Provide project representation within and external to company
- Collaborate with other functional areas to develop and communicate project status to internal and external groups.
- Visit prospective customers to observe end user environments and characteristics
- Balance needs of customers with business goals
- Travel domestically and internationally without restriction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Preferred graduate degree / MBA in related field
- 10+ years software development management
- At least 5+ years in a commercial software development environment leading to delivery of enterprise software solutions to external customers.
- 10+ years of direct management of software and quality assurance engineers; 2+ years of vendor management and negotiation.
- Security industry.
- Management of multiple projects simultaneously through at least two full release cycles (Inception through Deployment).
- Strong communication, listening, negotiation, and facilitation skills; team leadership; comfortable with conflict management.
- Management of team through ISO Certification
Please send your resume to email@example.com and include the position title and position code in the subject line.